Thursday, September 13, 2012

Sneaky Peek!

Here's a sneak peek of the back of the Mystery Quilt of Valor that Alycia Carmin is presenting in conjunction with my Templates class on Craftsy.com I can't show you the front quite yet because the Mystery is not complete and the final reveal has not yet been made. Patience, my friends, is a virtue. :)


While this may look super complex, IT IS SO EASY!!!!!!! I used a couple of templates (1 straight, 3 circles and 2 melons), some super simple markings (and I do mean super simple!), and filled everything in with very easy medium/small scale stippling and some pebbles. This is a quilt that any confident beginner could do.

Don't believe me? Take the class and I'll show you. We launch in a little over a month!




8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Are we going to need to make the quilt too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What size circle & mellon do we need?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lea, for this particular quilt you will need a straight ruler, the large melon outer ring and the small melon inner piece from my Melon Template set, and all three circles from my Nested Circles set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valerie, you can make the quilt if you wish, or just use a piece of plain fabric to practice the designs if you don't want to make the QOV. It's totally up to you :)

    I chose to use a QOV to do the design work because I like to have something to show for my efforts when I'm done practicing new designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do we have a date the class will be available? I have my quilt ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lea, the class is set to debut on November 7th. Craftsy had originally planned to launch it sooner, but the editing department got swamped and they had to push everyone back by a few weeks.

    Is it November 7th yet? I'M SO NERVOUS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok Kimmy, time to reveal! Your class is live at Craftsy & I've subscribed. Got everything ready & want to see the stars on this quilt. Need the closer look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your wish is my command, Cindy! Check out the post dated November 9 for pics of the shoot and the quilt :)

      Kimmy

      Delete