Monday, March 19, 2012

Slowly But Surely

It was a beautiful early spring weekend here in Minnesota. Temps in the upper 70s, birds singing wildly, neighborhood kids tearing around like sugar-fueled maniacs, and daffodil buds rearing their heads a month ahead of schedule. I spent it sitting inside on my fanny watching movies (did you know that Atonement is a *fantastic* movie?) and endlessly pinning blocks together.

But look! I have something to show for my efforts!



There are seven more interior blocks to go, which should be finished by dinnertime. Then I have to start on the border blocks, which are a completely different color. Can you guess what this quilt is going to look like when it's done?

My other project for the weekend was jewelry making. These pieces were made with Little Windows brilliant resin, little bits and pieces of Angelina Fibers, Angelina Film, foil, etc. left over from previous projects, and finished with the black glitter from the Little Windows Dichro-ish kit. I will use thin silver wire to create some filigree, wrap the beads in wire, and make a couple of necklaces and some earrings.



You would not even believe how easy this product is to work with. I bought it at Houston last year and it's been sitting on my desk ever since. I can't wait to make more stuff! I think some dichroic buttons for my new black cardigan sweater would be way cool.

2 comments:

  1. These look beautiful can't wait to see what you turn them into

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are pretty. I love working with the Little-Windows products. I have been making a lot of the photo Jewelry. Have made a few of the Dicro-ish.

    Tami in WA

    ReplyDelete