Friday, March 16, 2012

A Painted Lady

Okay, so it's not a lady. It's a quilt. But it's very ladylike, so I think it qualifies. (even though I may have used some unladylike language while piecing it. But I digress.)

Anyway.

The Last Shadow has been painted and is now awaiting it's new binding. Here's a pic of the quilt in it's Before state...




And here's what it looks like After...




I just LOVE what the paint did to this quilt. It didn't change it a lot, but boy oh boy did it ever jazz it up. I think my favorite part is the deep purple area near the center of the quilt. Look how cool it is with that subtle painted section! I will definitely do a lot more of this type of embellishment on my quilts in the future, as I found it to be extremely relaxing as well as very, very fun. For more info on what products I used, please refer to my March 6th blog entry.

The HMQS auction quilt is moving slowly but surely toward the finish line. The segments have become blocks and the blocks are now being joined to one another. I need more pins.



I've gotten several emails from people asking me if I am insane because I use so many pins. A few years ago I'd have agreed with them. However, as my quilts have become more and more complex, I have found that if you want accuracy and precision in your piecing there's just nothing that beats a whole boatload of pins. And, believe it or not, I actually find pinning to be relaxing! I just plop myself on the couch with a big glass of Cherry Pomegranate flavored Crystal Lite, my cell phone so I can play Words With Friends as I pin, and the TV remote. I plug in a good movie, and get to work. A movie or two later and all of the pinning is done and I'm ready to move to the sewing machine to stitch everything in place. See what I mean? Relaxing!




1 comment:

  1. I am in AWE of this quilt! What an amazing transformation! You rock, Kim!

    ReplyDelete