Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Today's Newsletter

In case you missed it, below is a copy of the newsletter that went out from the web site today. I usually run my sales a little later in the month, but as soon as we finish the rough edit on the new DVD I will need to spend about three weeks doing really intense and nonstop quiting for the two DVD quilts. Since 'running a sale on the web site' and 'intense and nonstop quilting' are really not phrases that are normally used in the same sentence, I have decided to run the sale now so the sale hubbub dies down in time for me to go nose down at the quilting machines.

The quilts I'm doing for the DVD are very different in appearance. One was inspired by the colors of the movie 'Avatar' and is being quilted on my Millennium. The other is a pointed Dresden Plate done in 1930s reproduction fabrics with huge blank white borders. It's being quilted on my Avante. As you might have guessed, I plan to get rather carried away with the quilting. I'll take pictures and post them here soon so that you can have a little preview.

Here's the newsletter~
*********************************

Happy Holidays to you and yours from Kimmyquilt.com!

Wow, what a year this was! I can hardly believe how quickly it flew by or how action-packed it was. For me, two of the many highlights of 2010 were winning Machine Quilting Teacher of the Year in March and being invited to teach at the Australian Machine Quilting Festival in Adelaide in October. The Teacher of the Year award is given based on essays written by students explaining why they believe that their favorite teacher should be honored, so it is an award that is especially meaningful. No less exciting was my visit Down Under, where I was thrilled to find that the astonishing beauty of the country itself is dwarfed by the charm of the Australians. What an unforgettable trip!

2011 will be a quieter year, but not by much. I was asked to write an article for Mark Lipinski’s new machine quilting magazine which will debut in January. In February, I will return to Salt Lake City to film another segment of ‘Quilt It! The Longarm Quilting Show’ with Jodie Davis and then of course there’s the spring quilt shows, MQX, HMQS and MQS where I will not only be teaching but will also be making my debut as Mistress of Ceremonies at the IMQA Audacious Auction For Education, sponsored by the American Quilting Society. This popular event raises money to be used as educational grants for quilters. If you’d like to help, please consider donating a quilted item for auction. For more information, please click here.

At a time when traveling to shows can seem like a big expense, DVDs can be a much more affordable way to continue your education. For this reason, I promise to do my best to continue to provide the best instructional DVDs in the industry. My newest project, ‘Bordering On Lunacy For Beginners’ is in the editing process right now and should be ready to launch shortly before the spring shows begin. As the name suggests, the subject this time is borders. I will post periodic progress updates on my blog, A Fabric Playground, which has been moved to a new host. Please update your bookmark so we can keep in touch!

Kimmyquilt.com is running a Happy Holidays through Friday, December 10th. If you’ve been thinking about picking up some templates, you might want to pay a visit as the Nested Circles Template Sets are 20% off. The bestselling DVD ‘Machine Quilting For Beginners’ is on sale for $25.00, and we have a small (and getting smaller fast!) selection of slightly used templates that were used very briefly during my classes at Houston Quilt Festival. These ‘Scratch and Dent’ templates are on sale for rock bottom prices and will sell quickly, so make your move. Carol Selepec’s Multipurpose rulers (my favorite ruler ever) are back in stock, so if you’ve been waiting, here they are!

Thank you so much for your business in the past. I greatly appreciate your trust in me and I hope that you will consider doing business with me again in the future. I value our relationship and I look forward to serving you!

Kimmy Brunner
Kimmyquilt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment